1. The site’s width and layout are all fudged up, it stretches across the browser ––
A) Check to make sure you don’t have multiple copies of comicpress in your themes directory, this happens when it runs the old customizer from the old copy instead of the new one it should be; alternatively it could be a bad copy from the WordPress.org servers as well – but highly unlikely.
2. The sidebar is falling below the content area
A) Make sure your child theme doesn’t have any set widths inside of it, if it does adjust accordingly OR check your browser to make sure you’re at 100% and not zoomed. (Alternatively your browser may be cache’ing an old copy of the style.css so refresh – without – cache in your browser or wait it out.
3. Can’t set any colors in the customizer.
A) You’re data array is messed up, go to appearance -> comicpress options and click the reset customizer colors button at the bottom and start over, this happens if you were using ver 4.0/1 and jumped straight to 4.3
Yes, like always it WILL break your site. (it probably won’t but i’m just sayin; it has a high chance on custom edited sites) – No CSS entities were changed, just major CSS changes themselves to do the auto-layout-width sliders in the customizer. Do not update unless you have time to kill to go to the customizer and get it looking just right for yourself. (check out service pricing post if you need help, first two options are free)
More customizer options including site width slider and sidebar sliders to change widths on the fly.
Support for Zappbar (beta) which makes your site responsive and mobile friendly
The return of Moods
Landing pages for locations and characters that can be associated with individual pages you create. (yay)
= 4.3 =
* re-added: widget “posts calender”
* reworked: all ComicPress options pages
* fixed: problems with costumizer layout and header
* fixed: some little errors in widget “classic bookmark”
* removed: widget “google translaor”
* wp_title filter removed and now using WordPress’s default one
* layout is controlled in the customizer now
* templates for individual character and location for comic easel users landing pages added
* author pages restyled
* tons and tons of CSS changes, no elements were renamed mainly colorizations, margin’s removed etc.
* adjustable site width & sidebars in the customizer
* zappbar support for responsive, mobile friendly comicpress
* added layout options to the costumizer
* added locations taxonomy template, for comic easel, for custom location pages
* added new CSS requirements for theme review team for screen readers
* added theme_support(‘title_tag’) per requirements of theme review team
* re-added Post/Comic “Moods” for github version
* re-added blog.php template for github version
* changed HTML 5 compliancy for posts footer, header
* changed custom-header.php fixes to remove the option to remove header text
* changed widgets/ section now uses get_template_part so you can overwrite widgets/* files in the child theme
* changed functions/ section now uses get_template_part so you can overwrite functions/* files in the child theme
* changed author page Date of registration displayed now translated and with the date format of WP Settings
* changed author page layout for contact infos
* changed minor CSS Styles
* updated instant.js to v2.4
* updated cvi_text_lib.js to 1.03
* updated screenshot 880×660 per requirements of theme review team
* updated german translation
* fixed various js errors
* fixed the widgets for PHP 5.4 minimal to remove deprecated notices
* revamped the customizer
* moved above-blog sidebar location
* removed tab layout in comicpress options
* removed all CSS styling for the dropdown selectors
* removed comicpress_themeinfo(‘data’) calls that overlap standard WordPress ones
* removed archive-year template for posts
* about 100+ more things I can’t think of off the top of my head but they all relate to making all the other changes work right
So yeah, ComicPress 4.3 .. an absolute TON of work went into it and I had some backup this time with kniebremser keeping me on my toes making sure I didn’t mess something up that would break something else.
If you want it before it gets onto the WordPress repository, you can get it here: https://github.com/Frumph/comicpress/releases/tag/4.3
I found some issues that happen when people upgrade where they lose their current layout settings and configurations because well, they’ve been moved to the customizer.
What i’m doing is writing some stuff to make it so that it defaults at those previous values, and it should only take a couple days to do that; but in the meantime i’m not going to upload it to the repo this way and get everyone pissed their sites ugly as shit cause of an update. So going to try to make it as clean of an upgrade as possible by fixing it now before adding it to the repo.
ComicPress 4.3 is free, currently available for download at https://github.com/Frumph/comicpress and a stripped down version without templates and moods will be on the WordPress repository as soon as they verify it and accept it.
Installation and setup for new user or someone moving over from old <= 2.9.4: Free
Me answering questions and helping via Facebook Messenger or Email: Free
Me logging onto your site either via the wp-admin and/or FTP: $45/hour
* Unless I ask to help YOU and not the other way around, if I ask, it’s free.
Site design with your mockup: Min $250 ->
* Requires conversation via Facebook Messenger to get exact details and graphics
* Graphic’s responsibility is the individuals not mine, keeps the price low.
Complete Care Upgrade: $65
* Upgrade everything, making sure child themes still work, if no child theme – will make one.
* Includes verifying plugins, use of security, login and cache plugins and are set properly – will add and setup if not there
* Fix any issues that are found
* if using ComicPress make sure you’re site is mobile ready and/possibly responsive
* $25 extra for site design cleanup
Basic Care Monthly: $45/Month min 3 months (intro price over)
* I have access to your entire site you have access to my cell phone
* I keep it running 7/24 if anything happens I handle it with conversations to your hosting or fix it myself
* Weekly backups will be retained while I do this
Complete Care Monthly: $75/Month min 3 months (intro price over)
* Everything in Basic Care but you can also contact me, ask me to fix any minor site design issues
Comic Easel Integration into alternative theme: $35
* You give me the theme (or I do it live on your site) and it becomes Comic Easel capable – will use child theme
Removal of Malware: $45
* Requires FTP and wp-admin access
* Will install security measures so it will be really tough for it to happen again